The brakes feature Shimano’s ICE TECHNOLOGIES heat management system through its caliper design, compatible rotors and pads.
Consistently predictable and powerful, the trail-rated DEORE XT M8020 retains that standard while upgrading with a lighter, cleaner and more durable integrated 4-piston master cylinder. This gives a sleeker look, saves weight and frees up valuable handlebar space. Refined Servo Wave levers provide improved feel and feedback, offering high power with a short brake pull. Like on past models, DEORE XT brakes retain tool-free reach adjust and Free Stroke adjust, whilst a narrow clamp band offers increased lever adjustment. The Rider Tuned system accommodates 140 to 203mm rotors and multiple brake pad choices.
- 4-Piston Caliper
- Brake Caliper for Postmount Brake
- Optimized ergonomic 2-finger brake lever
- One-Way bleeding
- I-spec II compatible – securing the shift lever on the brake lever
- SM-RT81 Centerlock rotors in 140, 160, 180, 203mm and CM-RT86 6-hole rotors in 160, 180, 203mm are available separately!
- Use: MTB, Enduro, Trail
- Group: XT
- Model: BR-M8020 (front+rear)
- Brake type: Disc-Brake
- Brake lever: BL-M8000
- Lever length: 2-Finger
- Mount: left + right
- Clamp: open
- Adjustable pressure point: Yes
- Reach adjustment: Yes, without tool
- Caliper: BR-M8020 (4-Piston)
- Brake mounting: Postmount
- Brake pads: H01A Resin with Fin
- Brake hose: SM-BH90-SBLS
- Brake hose lengths: front 1000mm + rear 1700mm (shortable)
- Cable connection: Banjo
- One-Way bleeding: Yes
- Brake fluid: Mineral oil
- Recommended brake rotor: SM-RT81, SM-RT86
- Lever: Aluminum Anodized
- Caliper: Aluminum Painted
- Front approx 284g (without Rotor and Adapter)
- Rear approx 299g (without Rotor and Adapter)
Scope of delivery
- 2 Brake Levers BL-M8000 left + right
- 2 Brake calipers BR-M8020 (4-Piston)
- 2 Brake hoses SM-BH90-SBLS 1000mm + 1700mm long (shortable)
- 2 Olives
- 2 Insertpins
- 2 Brake pads H01A-Resin with Fin
- 4 Screws for brake caliper
- Disc brakes are ready for installation, completely assembled and bleeded!
Rotors and Adapters not included!